Learn how to dress like Doug Funnie for cosplay and Halloween
Doug Funnie is the sweet but bumbling main character of his own 90’s cartoon show, Doug. Simple in looks, his cartoon self gets into complicated situations that every sixth grader probably had nightmares about. But with good friends and his good dog, Porkchop, he always makes it out. His funny and innocent combo of a sweater vest and shorts contributes to making Doug a memorable character.
Doug has a fairly simple uniform and a lot of it might even be in your closet. He’s supposed to be a sixth grader but it kind of looks like he’s already balding with only little sticks of hair, poor guy. He wears a white t-shirt with a green sweater vest, some khaki short and white socks and basic grey sneakers.
Items You’ll Need to Complete the Costume:
- Pea Green Sweater Vest
- White T-shirt
- Khaki Shorts
- White Socks
- Grey Sneakers
- FAST AND FREE SHIPPING PLUS $10 OFF IN ORDERS OF $100 AND OVER.
- Classic solid color sweater vest, ultra versatile. V-neck. REGULAR FIT. Ribbed hem for…
- Soft hand-touch, light weight 100% superior acrylic. Delicate setting, machine wash cold….
- A no-nonsense basic flat-front short that’s clean-cut and versatile enough for the…
- Features slant pockets at each side and set-in button pockets at the back
- Sits naturally at waist, roomy through seat and thigh, 9″ inseam
Last update on 2019-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Costume Guides:
How to Dress Like Doug Funnie
You might have to get creative to be Doug if you have a full head of hair. You could try a bald cap and draw little lines like his cartoon hair on it. Or you can rely on the rest of the costume to relay that you are Doug Funnie, and not worry about the hair.
You could look in a local department store for a pea green sweater vest, and khaki shorts, but you may already have some, including a white t-shirt and white socks in your stash of clothes. You can always look at a thrift store as well.
Doug wears simple grey sneakers, which could include grey Keds or Converse shoes, or Target or Walmart sometimes sell generic ones.